Photivo Free Photo Editing Software
A Free Image Editing Software for Photography Workflow
Photivo is an open source image editor that fits right into the photography workflow. It provides developers with many image processing and manipulation tools.
Photivo is an open source and free image editing software, that has been mostly developed in Qt framework using C++ programming language. It uses many algorithms already available for changing local contrast, sharpening images, applying filters and much more. Photivo is compatible with multiple operating systems and allows for GIMP integration as well.
With Photivo you can use the image editor to process not only raw files but bitmap files as well such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and many more. For GIMP, Photivo provides a plugin which can be used to complete the integration of both applications. Similarly, the interface is quite unique and requires a bit of practice to get the hang out it, however once you do, it is fairly simple to start editing and processing images.
One of the main features of Photivo as an open source image processor is how easily you can create and save presets if you frequently use one particular setting. Similarly, Photivo also provides a filter applying processing pipe that allows developers to hide unnecessary details, fix image composition and saturation and much more.
While installing Photivo for Ubuntu make sure you have the following system requirements:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- A non-root user with sudo permissions
Some of the main features of the open source, image processor Photivo are:
- Photivo provides many image processing and manipulation features like correcting chromatic aberration, bad pixel reduction, line denoise, median filter, wavelet denoise and much more.
- With the help of Photivo you can easily tilt, shift or apply a toy effect, and apply black and white conversion as well.
- Some other effects that you can apply on raw images with Photivo include film grain simulation, adaptive saturation, local contrast filters such as texture contrast, HiRaLoAm, as well as sharpening images.
- Photivo has a 16 bit internal processing which allows for bitmap files in 8 bit format to be saved and processed in 16 bit which provides better quality resolution.
- You can also directly save and export your images to GIMP for further editing after the integration has been completed.
- Photivo also provides many color coded status indicators for the tools in the interface so that developers are aware which tools are being currently active and applied on images.
- The image editor is available in multiple languages including Dutch, German, Italian and Russian.
- Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
- Update the system repository
sudo apt update
- Run following commands in terminal to install Photivo:
apt-get install photivo -y
In this article we have discussed Photivo’s overview and features that makes it a reliable open source photo editor application. To learn about other free image editing software applications, please check following links: