Apache Open Office Office Productivity
Open-Source Alternative to Microsoft Office
Apache Open Office is 100% free open-source software for all your workplace productivity needs. From Word-processing, spreadsheets to presentations.
Apache Open Office is one of the good alternatives to Microsoft Office whether you want to work with text documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. It’s a knockout for most of the features which Microsoft Office provides. And, that’s too 100% free. And it’s not only free and open-source, but it also runs on all platforms (Linux, Mac) not only on Windows.
When we are discussing the office productivity suite, the three main tools that matter the most are word processing software, spreadsheet software, and presentation software. Though, there are other tools that can be considered in the category of the office productivity suite, like databases, note-taking, etc.
Microsoft Office is the leader in the office productivity domain, has become a standard in this domain. And, all the individual and companies need to install Microsoft Office for their day to day needs. But, the license fee of Microsoft Office and the availability of amazing open-source office tools like Apache Open Office convincing people to go after open-source free solutions.
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide - the product stands or falls on its reputation.
Apache OpenOffice is easy to use:
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice - the software reads most file types of major competitors
- Few language barriers - if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice is free software:
- You may download Apache OpenOffice completely free of any license fees
- Install it on as many PCs as you like
- Use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial…
- Pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.
You can visit their office website’s download section https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html and download the the package for relevant platform.