VirtueMart Shopping Cart Software
Free And Open Source Ecommerce For Joomla CMS
Grow business by creating an online store with excellent open source shopping cart software. Manage the Joomla website and shop from a central dashboard.
VirtueMart is an open source eCommerce for Joomla CMS. This means users need to collectively run the Joomla website and the VirtueMart. VirtueMart is a component built on the top of Joomla. This Joomla shopping cart is released under the GNU General Public License, which means that it can be downloaded and used freely by users. It is user-friendly, professional and even beginners can quickly set up shop in few minutes. To meet the needs of online stores, VirtueMart comes with various out-of-the-box features. In addition, merchants can extend this Joomla cart by installing Plugins, Components, Templates, and Modules to their shop.
VirtueMart is one of the best Joomla shopping cart that comes powerful dynamic calculator that handles all the discounts, taxes, and currencies. It is rule-based and operates with various scenarios for applying a rule. Merchant can define rules such as profit margin, discounts, tax, and vat. Every rule can have its currency, with automatically updated rates. VirtueMart supports payment gateways such as Paypal, Klarna, Sofort Banking, and Skrill. It also supports COD (Cash On Delivery), so customers without credit cards can shop. Moreover, store owners can find many payments services extensions at VirtueMart marketplace and use them.
Merchants can use the power of Joomla for managing the access rights of employees. Besides, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) features allow companies to gain search engine rankings and draw more traffic. Multilingual features allow businesses to grow their business worldwide. Finally, this eCommerce for Joomla gathers input from consumers with the help of product reviews and rating features. This will help customers to decide when selecting the product.
VirtueMart is PHP, Joomla and MySQL based open source shopping cart software. Current requirements for VirtueMart include:
- Web Server (Apache / Nginx)
- Joomla 3.0 or greater
- PHP 5.3 or greater
- MySQL 5.5 or greater
VirtueMart provides all the modern features and some of the key features are:
- Inventory management
- Orders management
- Promote products
- Supports SEF/SEO
- Control stock
- Shipping and payments handling
- Powerful dynamic calculator
- Run a multilingual shop
- Seamless checkout process
- Marketing promotion and tools
- Download latest version from: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files
- Unzip the downloaded file. After extracting, you can see three zipped files.
- Login to the admin panel of Joomla website.
- Navigate to Extensions –>Manage –> Install
- First, install the Virtuemart core component by com_virtuemart.3.x.y.zip archive.
- After that, install the component com_virtuemart.3.x.y_ext_aio.zip. This will install the free modules and plugins of Virtuemart.
- Finally, install the component com_tcpdf_1.0.0.zip. This will allow users to print documents.