HeidiSQL Database Management Tool
Open Source Administration Tool for MySQL and Other DBMS
HeidiSQL provides a GUI to manage data and structures of various database management systems including MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite.
HeidiSQL is free, portable and lightweight and open source administration tool for MySQL and other database management systems. It has an easy-to-use web interface. It provides a graphical interface to manage databases easily and efficiently. Use its intuitive GUI to browse, create and edit data from databases as well as to create and edit its tables, views, procedures, triggers and scheduled events. Easily compare and synchronize your data and structure between local and remote databases.
GUI Based Database Management Tool For Popular DBMS . It is a useful and reliable tool designed for web developers using the popular MySQL server, Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL. Its user manager can easily set privileges on a per-database level or give access to only certain commands. It allows you to connect to your database via SSH tunnel or with SSL as well as to connect to multiple servers simultaneously, while also being able to monitor and kill client process in real-time. Moreover developers can use command line parameters to automate connections.
- Ubuntu 18.04 server
- Access to a command-line/terminal window
- A non-root user with sudo permissions
- A basic firewall
- Free for everyone, Open source
- Connect to multiple servers in one window
- Supported database systems: MariaDB, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite
- Connect to servers via command line
- Connect via SSH tunnel, or pass SSL settings
- Create and edit tables, views, stored routines, triggers and scheduled events.
- Generate nice SQL-exports, compress these afterwards, or put them on the clipboard.
- Export from one server/database directly to another server/database
- Monitor and kill client-processes
- Bulk edit tables
- Batch-insert ascii or binary files into tables
- Find specific text in all tables of all databases of one server
- Optimize and repair tables in a batch manner
- Use following command to download wine from the Ubuntu repository:
sudo apt-get install wine
- Then download HeidiSQL installer from http://www.heidisql.com/download.php
- After that open the installer for HeidiSQL with Wine.
- Then find out where Wine is storing the HeidiSQL icon. In my instance, it was in /home/nic/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps.
- Also find the location of the HeidiSQL executable. In my instance, it’s in /home/nic/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/HeidiSQL.
- Create a new file in ~/.local/share/applications, called heidisql.desktop using following command:
sudo gedit ~/.local/share/applications/heidisql.desktop
- Add following code in this file:
Comment=HeidiSQL on Ubuntu
Exec=env WINEDEBUG=-all WINEPREFIX=/home/USER/.wine wine heidisql.exe
- Change the paths after Exec=, Icon= and Path= accordingly.
- Search for HeidiSQL in Dash and drag the icon from there.
- Finally open HeidiSQL dashboard using the icon and connect to your databases.
In this article we discussed the features and installation of HeidiSQL, which is an open source administration tool for MySQL and other database management systems. You may find following links relevant: