DBeaver Database Management Tool
Multi-platform & Open Source Database Management Software
Free and open source database management software for administration of all popular databases. Supports cloud data-sources and enterprise security standards.
Use DBeaver to create and manage databases across a wide range of database management systems. This open source database management software works with most of the popular DBMSs including MySQL and MariaDB. Developers can use DBeaver on any database that has a JDBC or ODBC driver. It even works with databases that don’t have a standard xDBC driver including Mongo DB, Redis, and WMI.
DBeaver is a free DBMS tool. Which can be used for developers, SQL programmers, database administrators and analysts. It is a multi platform tool. So it works on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Solaris. This free DBMS software solution works with the following databases:
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Access
DBeaver requires Java (JRE) 1.8+ to run.
- Windows and MacOS installers have built-in JRE component
- But you have to install JRE on Linux manually
sudo apt-get install openjdk-11-jdk
DBeaver is a user-friendly GUI based database management tool that comes with great features. Here’s a list of some important features:
- SQL editor: Organize all your scripts in folders. Reassign database connections for particular scripts.
- Data viewer and editor: You can sort, filter, display images. It also allows to import data and export data.
- Metadata browser: View and edit existing tables, views and columns. As well as indexes, procedures and triggers.
- Data transfer: You can import and export tables/databases. It supports various formats including CSV, XML, XLS and XLSX.
- Data and metadata search: Search by text from all chosen tables/views.
- ER diagrams: Automatically generate ER diagrams for a database/schema. Then export the diagram in a desired format.
- Database structure comparing: It also allows to compare objects structure.
Here are the complete installation instruction for Ubuntu. Update system using following commands
Update system using following commands
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
Then add Java repository
Now install Java11
apt-get update -y apt-get install oracle-java11-installer -y
After that, add the DBeaver repository to your Ubuntu 18.04 instance. So first, download and add the GPG key for DBeaver
wget -O - https://dbeaver.io/debs/dbeaver.gpg.key | apt-key add -
Then add the DBeaver repository
echo "deb https://dbeaver.io/debs/dbeaver-ce /" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dbeaver.list
Finally install DBeaver CE
apt-get update -y apt-get install dbeaver-ce -y
Check dbeaver version
apt policy dbeaver-ce
DBeaver is now installed. Access it from Unity dash. Open DBeaver workbench as follows:
To learn about other open source database management software and phpMyAdmin alternatives, please check following pages: