TupiTube Free Animation Software
Free & Open Source Animation Program For Beginners
Tupitube is a free and open-source 2D animation software. It offers easy to use interface that provides amateur artists a simpler user experience.
TupiTube is a great open source animation program for beginners and teenagers. There may not be that many animation software applications that are designed to be children friendly, but Tupitube 2D animation software is a great introduction for young kids, teenagers or amateur artists. As an open source application, Tupitube is licensed under the GNU General Public license so that users can access the main source code and rework it for their needs as well.
Tupitube is a free 2d animation software. It can be used for multiple things related to 2D animation including creating vector illustrations, work on raster images, tween animations according to color, positions etc and much more. You can easily download Tupitube on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and even Android devices. The main intention behind Tupitube is to make animation easy and accessible for young learners, therefore they have a budding community of animators answering questions, and tutorials available as well.
While installing TupiTube for Ubuntu make sure you have the following system requirements:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- A non-root user with sudo permissions
Here are some good to know features about this open source animation software:
- Using Tupitube is fairly easy and the user interface allows for easy access to various tools and features without any issue. There is a Library panel that lets user organize and reuse media assets or import them.
- There are many tools available in Tupitube to create vector illustrations using different shapes such as rectangle, lines, ellipses, polygons, or you can use the pencil tool to outline your own paths.
- Tupitube also supports basic tweening features such as rotate, color, scale, sheer, opacity etc to make the animation process easier.
- While creating animations users can easily import different static background or animated assets in the format of raster images.
- The team at Tupitube have a lot of tutorials available that are targeted at making learning animation easier for children. It is available on their website and YouTube channel.
- Open terminal and update your local server’s package index by typing following command:
sudo apt-get update -y
- Run following command in terminal to install TupiTube:
sudo apt-get install -y tupi
In this article we have discussed TupiTube’s overview and features that makes it one of the best open source animation program for beginners. To learn about other best free animation software, please check following pages: